Parent Process Reference Framework: ITIL
The purpose of the service design stage is to define the processes to ensure the design of new or changed services is consistent. The retirement of services is also within the scope of changed services. There are five aspects to holistic service design. They are:
- Service solutions for new or changed services should be consistent with all other services
- Managed Information Systems (MIS) should be reviewed every time when a service is introduced
- The introduced services need to be consistent with Enterprise Architecture standards
- The business processes are defined for new services or reviewed for changed services
- The service performance/benefits should be measured. So metrics should be defined along with Measurement systems.
Be the first to leave a review.