Parent Process Reference Framework: ITIL
Life Cycle: Service Transition
Transition Planning and Support
The purpose of the transition planning and support is to provide overall planning for service transitions and to coordinate the resources required to successfully implement the transition.
The objectives of transition planning and support are to:
- Plan and coordinate the resources and activities required for service transition. The service transition can span across multiple business areas, projects, service providers and functional teams.
- Ensure that the changed services from Project to Operations within the predicted cost, quality and time estimates
- Ensure that the changed services meet the Architecture, tools, process, supporting knowledge, training, MIS updates, benefit metrics capture as defined in the Service Design Package
- Ensure the change management process is defined and complied by all parties
- Manage Risks associated with Service Transition
- Continually improve the performance of Transition Planning and Support
In SFIA 7, Transition Planning and Support skill is covered under Change Implementation Planning and Management
ITIL Foundations cover the basics of Transition Planning.
There is focussed training available to cover the Service Transition life cycle
Be the first to leave a review.