Parent Process Reference Framework: ITIL
Parent Lifecycle: Service Design
The supplier management process ensures that suppliers and the services they provide are managed to support IT service targets and business expectations.
It is essential that supplier management processes and planning are involved in all stages of the service lifecycle.
The main objectives of the supplier management process are to:
- Obtain value for money from suppliers and contracts
- Ensure that contracts with suppliers are aligned to business needs
- Manage relationship with suppliers
- Manage supplier performance
- Negotiate and agree contracts with suppliers and manage them though their lifecycle
- Maintain a supplier policy and supporting supplier and contract management information system (SCIMS)
Certification and Training
Be the first to leave a review.