Parent Process Reference Framework: ITIL
Parent Lifecycle: Service Design
Service Level Management (SLM)
The goal of ITIL Service Level Management is to ensure that agreed levels of current IT services are provided, and future services can be delivered within agreed targets. The objectives of Service Level Management are to:
- Define, document, agree, monitor, measure, report and review the level of IT services provided
- Investigate corrective actions when necessary
- maintain good relationships with both business and customers
- Ensure that specific and measurable targets are developed for all IT services
- Ensure clear and unambiguous expectations of the delivered service levels
- Implement proactive measures for service level improvement whenever costs can be justified.
SFIA skill Service Level Management addresses the skills for SLM. SFIA considers the skill as a senior leadership skill (level 7).
Be the first to leave a review.