Parent Process Reference Framework: ITIL
Life Cycle: Service Transition
Service Asset and Configuration Management
The purpose of Service Asset and Configuration Management (SACM) is to ensure that the assets required to deliver services are properly controlled. The information about assets is accurate, reliable and available when it is needed. The information includes details about how the assets have been configured and the relationship between assets.
The objectives of SACM are to ensure that:
- Assets managed by IT are identified and maintained
- Configuration Items (CI) that constitute services are identified and managed.
- Necessary attributes of Configuration Items like version, relationship with other CIs are maintained
- Assets and CI information are auditable
- The integrity of CIs are maintained using a Configuration Management System (CMS)
- Ensure that the Change Management process is effective ensure the CMS information is complete, accurate and available
In SFIA 7, SACM skill is covered under Configuration Management
ITIL Foundations cover the basics of Transition Planning.
There is focussed training available to cover the Service Transition life cycle
Be the first to leave a review.