Parent Process Reference Framework: ITIL 4
Service Value Stream Activities
Highly impacted Service Value System(SVS) Activities:
- Design and Transition
The purpose of the relationship management practice is to establish and nurture the links between the organization and its stakeholders at strategic and tactical levels. It includes the identification, analysis, monitoring, and continual improvement of relationships with and between stakeholders.
The relationship management practice ensures that:
- stakeholders’ needs and drivers are understood, and products and services are prioritized appropriately
- stakeholders’ satisfaction is high and a constructive relationship between the organization
and stakeholders is established and maintained
- customers’ priorities for new or changed products and services, in alignment with desired business outcomes, are effectively established and articulated
- any stakeholders’ complaints and escalations are handled well through a sympathetic (yet formal) process
- products and services facilitate value creation for the service consumers as well as for the organization
- the organization facilitates value creation for all stakeholders, in line with its strategy and priorities
- conflicting stakeholder requirements are mediated appropriately.
In SFIA, the skill is known as “Relationship Management” and covers maintaining relationship with any stakeholder function.
Business Relationship Management Institute (BRM Institute) is a membership based body and official certification organization dedicated to building and maintaining Business Relationship Management (BRM) professional standards. BRM Institute offer training and certification at basic and advanced levels.
Be the first to leave a review.