Parent Process Reference Framework: ITIL
Parent Lifecycle: Service Design
IT Service Continuity Management
The purpose of the IT service continuity management process is to support the overall Business Continuity Management (BCM) process by ensuring that the IT service provider can always provide minimum agreed business continuity related service levels. To achieve this outcome, business and IT identify and manage the risks.
The objectives of ITSCM are to:
- Produce and maintain a set of IT service continuity plans that support the overall business continuity plans
- Ensure that the continuity plans are maintained in line with the changing business impacts and requirements
- Conduct regular risk assessment and management exercises
- Provide guidance to other areas of business regarding IT service continuity
- Ensure that appropriate continuity mechanisms are put in place
- Ensure the IT changes are assessed on their impact of service continuity
- Negotiate and agree contracts with suppliers for the provision of the necessary recovery capacity
SFIA Continuity Management addresses the skills requirement for IT Service Continuity Management.
Be the first to leave a review.