Parent Process Reference Framework: ITIL
Parent Lifecycle: Service Design
The purpose of Capacity Management process is to ensure that the capacity of IT services and IT infrastructure meet the agreed capacity and performance related requirements. Capacity management should consider both current and future needs of the business and address the capacity needs in a cost effective and timely manner.
The objectives of capacity management are to:
- Produce and maintain an appropriate and up-to-date capacity plan, which reflects the current and future needs of the business
- Provide advice and guidance to other areas of the business on capacity and performance related issues
- Ensure that service performance achievements meet targets
- Assist with the diagnosis and resolution of performance and capacity related incident and problems
- Assess the impact of all changes on the capacity plan
- Ensure that proactive measures to improve the performance of services are implemented in a cost-effective manner
SFIA Capacity Management addresses the skills required.
Be the first to leave a review.