Parent Process Reference Framework: ITIL
Parent Lifecycle: Service Design
The purpose of the availability management process is to ensure that the level of availability delivered in all IT services meets the agreed availability needs and service level targets. Availability management is concerned with meeting both the current and future availability needs of the business.
The objectives of availability management are to:
- Produce and maintain an appropriate and up-to-date availability plan that reflects the current and future needs of the business
- Provide advice and guidance to all other areas of the business and IT on all availability related issues
- Ensure that service availability achievements meet all their agreed targets by managing services and resources related availability performance
- Assist with the diagnosis and resolution of all availability related incidents and problems
- Assess the impact of all changes on the availability plan and the availability of all services and resources
- Ensure that proactive measures to improve the availability of services implemented
SFIA skill Availability Management addresses the skills required.
Be the first to leave a review.