IT4IT, an evolving Open Group standard developed in 2015. IT4IT provides a vendor neutral, technology agnostic and industry agnostic reference architecture for managing the Business of IT.
IT4IT standard is focused on defining, sourcing, consuming, and managing IT services by looking holistically at the entire IT Value Chain. While other frameworks and standards have placed their main emphasis on process, IT4IT standard is a prescriptive, process-agnostic, focused on the data/information and relationships needed to manage a service through its lifecycle.
The IT4IT Reference Architecture provides prescriptive, holistic guidance for the implementation of IT management capabilities including Plan, build run phases. The IT Value Chain has four value streams:
- Strategy to Portfolio
- Request to Fulfill
- Requirement to Deploy
- Detect to Correct
IT4IT is intended to applied to streamline the IT functions value flow by applying Enterprise Architecture and Lean principles.
Please refer the Rating Criteria.
|Longevity||(3 / 5)|
|Industry Adoption||(1 / 5)|
|Tool Support||(1 / 5)|
|Training Support||(5 / 5)|
|Assessment Support||(0 / 5)|
Life Cycle Phases/Domains – Value Streams
The Strategy to Portfolio (S2P) Value Stream:
- Provides the strategy to balance and broker your portfolio
- Provides a unified viewpoint across PMO, enterprise architecture, and service portfolio
- Improves data quality for decision-making
- Provides KPIs and roadmaps to improve business communication
The Requirement to Deploy (R2D) Value Stream:
- Provides a framework for creating, modifying, or sourcing a service
- Supports agile, continuous delivery and traditional development methodologies
- Enables visibility of the quality, utility, schedule, and cost of the services you deliver
- Defines automated build, test and deployment control points
The Request to Fulfill (R2F) Value Stream:
- Helps your IT organization transition to a service broker model
- Presents a single catalog with items from multiple supplier catalogs
- Efficiently manages subscriptions and total cost of service
- Manages and measures fulfillments across multiple service providers
The Detect to Correct (D2C) Value Stream:
- Brings together IT service operations to enhance results and efficiency
- Enables end-to-end visibility using a shared configuration model
- Identifies issues before they affect users
- Manage security threats and vulnerabilities
- Optimizes user experience and capture feedback
- Reduces the mean time to repair
TBD: ServiceNow mentions that the “Now” platform is compatible with IT4IT. Are there other tool providers? Will it be a feature that will be part of vendor evaluation?
SFIA Enterprise and Business Architecture
Certification and Training
Opengroup IT4IT certification
Be the first to leave a review.