ISO/IEC 20000 is an international standard for Service Management. ISO/IEC 20000 specifies requirements for an organisation to deliver quality services. The requirements serve as a standard for conducting an independent audit.
ISO standards are reviewed and updated every 5 years. The latest ISO/IEC 20000 standard is released in September 2018
ISO/IEC 20000 is standard that is independent of frameworks and tools. The context diagram shows how ISO 20000 relates to the the ITIL and COBIT frameworks.
Please refer the Rating Criteria.
ISO/IEC 20000 is first published in 2005 and has been undergoing periodic revisions. The industry adoption is not as high as ITIL as the standard is intended by used as an audit tool. Many organisation may not require a formal audit need. As the standard is framework agnostic, there are no specific tools built around ISO/IEC 20000.
There are formal training and certification for individuals available to become a certified auditor.
|Longevity||(5 / 5)|
|Industry Adoption||(3 / 5)|
|Tool Support||(3 / 5)|
|Training Support||(5 / 5)|
|Assessment Support||(5 / 5)|
Life Cycle Phases/Domains
The Life Cycle context of ISO/IEC 20000 is shown in Figure 1.
The phases are
- Context of the organisation, leadership, planning and support of Service Management System
- Operational Planning and Control
- Service Portfolio
- Relationship and Agreement
- Supply and Demand
- Service Design Build and Transition
- Resolution and Fulfilment
- Service Assurance
- Performance Evaluation
- Service Delivery
- Plan the Services
- Control of parties involved in the Service Lifecycle
- Service Catalogue Management
- Asset Management
- Configuration Management
Relationship and Agreement
- Business Relationship Management
- Service Level Management
- Supplier Management
Supply and Demand
- Budgeting and Accounting for Services
- Demand Management
- Capacity Management
Service Design, Build and Transition
- Change Management
- Service Design and Transition
- Release and Deployment Management
Resolution and Fulfilment
- Incident Management
- Service Request Management
- Problem Management
- Service Availability Management
- Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Evaluation
- Internal Audit
- Management review
- Service Reporting
- Nonconformity and Corrective actions
- Continual Improvement
ISO/IEC 20000 encompasses a wide variety of IT Service Management skills. In addition Quality Assurance and Quality Management skills are needed for an organisation pursuing ISO assessment.
Be the first to leave a review.